Visual/Interactive Designer – Product
Location: Boston, MA Posted: Jan 24
At Confer Health, we empower people to make health decisions with confidence by giving everyone access to clinical-grade testing at home. This is enabled by our unique technology that is not only orders of magnitude more sensitive and more affordable, but also more convenient than what’s available at hospitals or clinical labs. Our ambition is to usher in an era of proactive medicine so we can all get the care we need before it’s too costly or too late.
We’re a small, world-class team combining Silicon Valley urgency with East Coast science. We are funded by a large Series A investment, led by one of Silicon Valley’s best investors, and we’re looking for an exceptional Visual/Interactive Designer to join our growing product design team.
As a Visual/Interactive Designer, you will work closely with the whole product team to design the aspects of our products’ interfaces that make interactions meaningful, useful, elegant, and accessible.
• Envision, establish, and define the aesthetic for our entire suite of products
• Collaborate closely with UX designers to flesh out new user interface concepts that have clear visual structure and streamlined interactions
• Create high fidelity mockups that display innovative, beautiful, and user-centered designs
• Work closely with developers to navigate the technical constraints in the software and get your designs implemented
• Deliver the necessary visual assets for the development of our mobile apps, web apps, physical products, and packaging on a prescribed timeline
• Build a comprehensive visual and motion design system including color palettes, typography, iconography, animations/motion graphics, transitions, and layout grids that appropriately extend the Confer Health brand into our products
• Raise the creative IQ of the design team, and push our abilities to think beyond our own (artificial) boundaries
• Participate in customer design validation sessions
• An exceptional portfolio that showcases your advanced visual design skills, with examples that demonstrate the evolution of concepts from idea to pixels to motion
• A solid understanding of relevant interactive design tools for a variety of screen sizes
• The ability to articulate design concepts and rationale to developers and stakeholders
• Creative problem solving abilities, intellectual curiosity, tenacity, and a sense of humor
• Strong attention to detail
• A unique style grounded in a solid design philosophy, while being humble and willing to learn from and teach others.
• Empathy for your coworkers and customers
• Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
• Professional integrity and strong interpersonal communication skills
• The ability to lead, work independently, and work collaboratively in a team environment
• Experience with video capture and/or editing
• Packaging design experience
• Familiarity with healthcare industry, medical device design, and/or the drive and ability to learn quickly about our domain
• Proficiency in creating elegant data and information visualizations.
This position is located at our office in Charlestown, MA, which is easily accessible by the T (Sullivan Square Station), bus, or Interstate 93.
We value diversity and all qualified candidates are invited to apply.
It is unlawful in Massachusetts to require or administer a lie detector test as a condition of employment or continued employment. An employer who violates this law shall be subject to criminal penalties and civil liability.
Confer Health, Inc. is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applications without regard to race, color, religious creed, protected genetic information, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran’s status, or sexual orientation.