|Food & Water Watch is a leading national consumer advocacy organization that runs dynamic, cutting edge organizing campaigns challenging the corporate control and abuse of our food and water resources. Since 2005, we have won significant victories to protect our food and water. Our work has been featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and other major media outlets.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Development, and working closely with the Director of Individual Giving, Director of Development, and Senior Leadership, the Individual Giving Manager, Northern California plays a key role on our national major giving team and is responsible for the stewardship of existing major donors ($2,500+ annually) in the region.
The Individual Giving Manager is responsible for the major gifts program for their region. This position is instrumental in establishing, implementing and promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch, raising funds and cultivating relationships with significant prospects and donors. The Individual Giving Manager travels within the region, up to 50 percent of the time, to meet with donors and prospects, with a primary focus on the San Francisco Bay Area.
Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and persons with disabilities to apply.
- Manage the major gifts program for the region, supervising annual gifts of $2,500 and above.
- Establish and maintain a donor cultivation cycle and gift stewardship program to ensure that new major donors are developed, have opportunities to increase their level of support annually, and enjoy a close relationship to the organization.
- Identify prospects and perform baseline prospect research, work with the Prospect Research and Portfolio Coordinator to qualify potential major donors as necessary.
- Maintain a working knowledge of FWW national campaign priorities, with specific attention paid to efforts in relevant areas.
- Prepare written materials, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and reports as part of the stewardship program.
- Coordinate Major Gifts’ cultivation and recognition events in the region.
- Work with Regional Director and Director of Individual Giving to establish budget goals and strategies to reach them. Provide regular analysis and reporting on progress toward goals.
- Other duties as assigned.